“She believed she could do it, so she did.”

Friday, February 3, 2012

Pose for the camera


It’s not typical that I would go out with one of the closest friend and buddy I have, Sheila. We rarely do so. I could remember the last time we went out then was on an early January of 2011 after our 7AM-3PM duty at the Batac Hospital. We craved for some “isaw” (a Filipino delicacy – chicken or pork intestines) so we went to grab some at Batac City Riverside. During those times we get to share some thoughts and points of view.

I am actually glad that ten months after College and we were able to maintain the friendship that we have. We were assigned to be buddies during a Bangui community duty. What do we do? Simple enough - we keep track of each other. If ever one gets lost out there in the woods or mountains, it’s the other person’s fault. However, I doubt only one would disappear from view; if ever there would, it would be two. Point is, at least they would have each other. =P

But seriously, I am thankful I have her as my friend.

And so on the middle of the third week of this year’s January, this buddy of mine texted me and asked me if I’d be available on the 28th (that’s Saturday).  I said, yes and now offering me to go out with her for a photo session at Robinsons Mall, Ilocos Norte. I was really hesitant to go that she bugged me til evening came until I said another yes. Ha-ha. It’s for the sake of friendship, I said to myself. Yet I guess I was wrong, it seemed like I enjoyed the date I had with my buddy.

T’was my first time to do a shoot although I have always watched America’s next top model. Honestly, I loved taking pictures of everything; that sometimes, qiles on my laptup and in our couputer do not rually make sense anymore. Aside from staying behind the lens, I also have the inner crave to pose in front of the camera and depict those I see in fashion magazines.  I am in love with fashion however not as obvious as it could be for I was not used that way. I was used to wearing jeans, shirts, flats and sneakers that when people see me around wearing something that is not my usual look, it would make them wonder. I am trying to get over the thought though, for I still have that stigma that people would think differently at times. But sometimes when I have time and money I indulge myself with the luxury of buying dresses I don’t even wear.  Lucky enough that I can get hold of myself from purchasing shoes.

Before the photoshoot, we decided to take our lunch (since its 12 and we were starving, we skipped breakfast) so we wouldn’t get hungry anymore however I didn’t know what happened to our appetites after the shoot that we managed to squish in to our stomachs at 2:30PM, 4 slices of pizza each (sizes were reasonable).



And as what I have said that I enjoyed the day, I am to share the photos. These are courtesy of the great Ferina Albano. Having her as a photographer’s one of the reasons why I was encouraged to try it. And because it was my first time, I really have no idea on what to do but thanks to her, she demonstrated some of the poses I had to do. I don’t know about my buddy, because when she was photographing her, they were still fixing my makeup and hair (I’ll just thank Poppy and Co for everything coz without them organizing the event this wouldn’t have been possible).

taken by my buddy

these are the proper photos (by Miss Ferina Albano)


I find the hairstyle really classy. I loved it, now I know how they do that. LOL.



of course we didn't want to miss the opportunity to take our own..



and the last photo *points down* was a photo montage i made of the photos my buddy took while we were waiting for our pizza.






No comments:

Post a Comment