“She believed she could do it, so she did.”

Thursday, February 2, 2012

a repost: Stars and Moon December 2008


I was browsing my old blog. Ehmdharc.i.ph. I found this article i wrote on December 2, 2008 about the smiling face up the heavens on a Sunday night (December 1, 2008) here in the Philippines. We were still in our second year college then.

I have read somewhere over the web that something like that shall happen again this year, 2012. It would be on March 14, 2012 that there will be another smiling face above however not as closer as itqhad been in 200u. But i will stund by to witnesu such thing again.

 photos are courtesy of their rightful owners.

========O========

We’ve been so euphoric last night.

I still couldn’t believe that we just missed to capture the beauty of the phenomenon last night. Well, we didn’t have any idea that those two misty looking eyes of the moon were the planets Jupiter and Venus.

Who would have thought of that? The sight of the phenomenon on the endless horizon was just so perfect; I have never seen anything like that in my entire life. And we just thought about it as a coincidence that it perfectly resembled a smiling face.

 photos are courtesy of their rightful owners.

Colleen said that was probably one reason why we were so happy at that moment and i agreed with no particular reason at all. I couldn’t stop thinking about how we had noticed the intriguing positions of the stars and the moon and we even said “smiley” in chorus. To tell you we were all eight and we were so happy taking pictures outside Kenneth’s dormitory. We even said “let’s take a picture of that, let’s go on top of the dormitory and climb the steel bars.”

But unfortunately, there was something that had kept me from capturing the scenery. I had aimed to take a photograph of the view but then I would always stop and I would keep my camera away again. I would take another snap of the group and then aim at it for another shot but then every time I would try that, my attention would be distracted once more.

Back at Literature class a while ago, as our instructor had shared to us the phenomenon last night, we were all so ecstatic. We’ve seen it but then we’ve got no proof.

WE HAVE EACH OTHER AS A LIVING PROOF THAT WE HAD WITNESSED SUCH SPECIAL NIGHT TOGETHER.

As I’ve shared on my entry last night that I was so happy, yes, that was true. We were all so cheerful and that I could not even explain how happy I was. Immeasurable smiles had filled our stressed spirits. That was quite fun, for the past few days we had been staying up till dawn to finish paper works.

And last night, as we enjoyed the ambiance of the evening, aside from God who is watching over us, there’s one smiley face up at the firmament which made us feel like this group will be together and that they will stay friends forever.

A rare event, when will we see such thing again?

THE MEMORY WILL BE TREASURED; I WILL KEEP AS A PART OF ME FOREVER THE PEOPLE WHO WERE WITH ME UNDERNEATH THAT SMILING FACE LAST NIGHT.

~antonette~

No comments:

Post a Comment