“She believed she could do it, so she did.”

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Cupids please strike my heart


It’s the day of St. Valentine and people all over the globe is celebrating this special day with their special someone on dinner dates, strolls and many more. Ooops I think we got it wrong, not all is celebrating this day. In Brazil, they honor Valentine’s Day on the 12th of June. Because as far as my reading goes, it’s the day before Saint Anthony’s day who happened to be the marriage Saint. So single women there do a lot of rituals to be able to find a good boyfriend or husband. But in the Philippines, along with most of the countries, we celebrate Hearts day each year every 14th of February.

Now each of us can make this day or any other day special though, you don’t have to wait for it to come to show the people you love that they are dear to you and to feel that LOVE IS IN THE AIR. Every day is supposed to be filled with love. Every day, we are supposed to make ourselves and other people feel special.

Every year for how long I could no longer remember, Dad secretly asks me to buy flowers for Mom. It’s one of those extraordinary moments in our lives every year that I find really sweet and touching. That even though they are being separated by distance every Valentine’s Day, still he never fails to show how much he loves her. Once I could remember leaving those bouquet of roses on their bed that when mom found it out, she was so surprised and was wondering how it got there. I told her, he sent it, but with a grin on my face and a giggle. And so because I am not good at lying she knew the real story behind it.

I once did the same thing, when I left a Valentines card on top of the bed addressed to her on an early morning of February 14, 2005. I dashed off the room immediately and outside the house when I heard the school service beeping, for I didn’t want to ruin the moment of her discovering me at the scene of the crime hiding something. And that card is now stuck under the glass at the living room table.

Last year I did my best to buy her some roses even though it was rush hour and I knew that flowers by that time wouldn’t be as fresh and blooming as they were supposed to be in the morning. But, it didn’t matter as long as I got her one and made an effort. Funny thing when I arrived home, they were even arguing with me about those flowers. She was saying they’re meant for me and that someone gave it to me and I was just afraid to admit it. How thoughtful of me to be buying myself a bouquet of flowers and giving it to myself. Ha! I don’t think I am Mr. Bean.

Nevertheless, though they were channeled thru me, it came from the bottom of his heart and I knew that somehow Dad’s wishing that he’s the one handing them to her. I really appreciate cupid who impeccably struck my Mom and Dad’s heart, for without them, I wouldn’t be here right now, blabbing and borrowiqg some of your uime. You’re puobably the mostuadorable of all.

I am so thankful to God that they have found each other and that they were able to witness life’s bliss and sorrows together. And I know that what they have is bound to stay.


"Finding someone you love and who loves you back is a wonderful feeling. But finding a true soul mate is an even better feeling. A soul mate is someone who understands you like no other, loves you like no other, will be there for you forever, no matter what. They say that nothing lasts forever, but I am a firm believer in the fact that for some, love lives on even after we're gone."
_ Cecelia Ahern, P.S. I Love you

Cupid out there, please strike mq dear world again.

…I’ll be waiting. ♥♥♥

Have a Happy hearts Day everyone.

Life is filled with love. We are to discover and nurture it so it can grow and we could share much more.   
       
Love life. Share the love.
enjoy Sarah Bareilles music today.
Feel the love.



No comments:

Post a Comment