“She believed she could do it, so she did.”

Monday, April 2, 2012

A Star's Gaze

I've been such a bummer for the past days that despite the urge to write i'm too lazy to do so. Which is why i am reposting some of the articles i wrote. I am still searching for the inspiration to be able to create another dazzling or worth it one. I don't exactly know the date when i wrote this but it was on my facebook notes and it says there March 21, 2010. Woah could you imagine that? It's been 2 years. =) And if you would notice in the post i was like so down which helped me come up with a proper article. Those were the days i was kinda stressed with school and personal stuffs. 

Just enjoy the talk about stars. I love them and i love star gazing as much as i love to capture every moment with my eyes (i just want a camera and an unlimited hard drive so i could fill it with photos of things i take a picture of whether it means something or not).

Imagine catching a falling star with your hands.. ^_^

♥♥♥


I’ve been staying up late recently. I’ve been staring at the sky for days, watching the stars and looking for constellations.

I have been wondering, do they stare at me like how I gaze at them?

Do they miss seeing me at daytime?

Do they miss when I’m hiding from them all day long?

Do they miss me when they find themselves covered with clouds?

Just like now.

I again stared at the sky hoping I’ll find series of dots lining the endless horizon but I was disappointed to see nothing else but clouds trying to fill it.

I can’t even see a single glint.

It’s just unusual. Yeah I know that it’s not as if I see those stars all day but still, there’s the feeling of emptiness tonight.

And it’s very obvious.

That my feeling was somewhat congruent with the sky just like that night; that very night which is still very lucid in my memory.

(See how it works? That there are really those moments… those small moments wherein You and the Universe exist as one being.)

At times when I stare at them I feel sense of happiness. You know the feeling of assurance that they’re there. That they’re eyes are on you. That even though they do not speak to you at all, their mere presence would solve everything… it will try to fill the gaps.

Yet, even though I know the fact that they’re just around even when I cannot see them often makes me think that it’s not always a reassurance that the next day they’ll appear or they’ll be there. Bright they may seem but it’s not always the case. They do not lose their brightness but there are instances that clouds try to block them from view which gives me the impression that they fade away or more probably they lose their light… In short they also get tired…of sharing their light that they have to keep it for a while.

Right.

They do.

And in order for you to appreciate them again they have to regain their lights back. They qave to let the ulouds disappear from view so the brightness will be back.

And that takes time.

And you’ll realize that seeing it back is more rewarding for it will be like the first time you have set your eyes on it. Maybe it will be brighter than the first time you saw it… who knows this time it will never fade away?

“You held one of the stars to your hands because it felt so close and so good. You looked upon it with so much affection without you knowing you’d get blinded by its light. Now, no light could break up the darkness you have.”
~lloyd

“and you know what I asked that star to stay. I was lucky that star did… but only for a while. Within that span of time I never thought it would fade which made me believe that forever it will be there. But I was wrong. I was so wrong coz when clouds started to fill the sky, I just blinked… and it was no longer there. It was already out of my sight… now I can never reach it no matter how much I want to.”
~antonette

No comments:

Post a Comment